Monday, January 2, 2012

Sonnet 3

So often darkness swallows fading day,
And trembling I long for warmth and light
But plunge on through the unforgiving night
Too stubborn-willed to quit or change my way.
More oft than not I find myself astray
And bent beneath the weight of growing plight
Until I can no more suppress my fright
And losing heart succumb to grim dismay.
Yet even as my heart the night invades,
You then appear and cause the dread to cease.
Your voice like flowing water stills my strife.
My troubled mind your calming presence aides
And turns my warring darkness into peace;
I thank my God to have you in my life.

2 comments:

  1. You write some of the most beautiful poetry of anyone I know. It flows like mist over water. Smooth and ethereal.
    If that makes any sense. I think you'll understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you Jennybanennymarie :)

    ReplyDelete