Friday, December 9, 2011

Oh hey....

So, this semester I took a great writing class and I actually have things to post now! Yay. For your pleasure, here is a lovely sonnet that I wrote as part of my final project.

At times I wonder where I got my name:
A random word by chance at birth assigned
Or fashioned forth by some parental mind
To honor friend or kin of great acclaim.
But oft I think it likely just the same
I entered life with name on lips enshrined
And spoke aloud to those who undersigned
The documents which legalized my claim.
Regardless how it came to be my own,
This name I bear is more than just a word.
It captures ev’ry facet of my heart;
Each wondrous flaw and virtue truly shown.
And someday when a new name I’ve incurred,
The next phase of my life and self shall start.

No comments:

Post a Comment