Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The official groundbreaking

I wrote this a few years back. It seemed appropriate as my first post. It has no title. If that bugs you, make one up.


a compulsive obsession
late at night
still i cannot stop
nor will i yet for a time

my world spins around me
yet i hold steadfast to pen and page
an anchor against reality
it holds and keeps me

keeps me coming back for more
until i am caught up
on a sea of words and feeling
i am carried by my passion

though it exists without reason or purpose
save in the world of my own making
it feeds my innermost being
as it flows from my soul to the page

3 comments:

  1. Have you submitted any of your work for consideration for publication? My Shelly is getting quite a bit of her poetry published these days.

    I thought it ironic that your blog design and my primary one are the same. (ralph b)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fitting first post, considering the purpose of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The name, as I already told you, is "Born to Drown." I just thought everyone else should know.

    ReplyDelete